Hello, Crossroads Family!
Just a couple quick notes:
Our schedule this weekend:
- Christmas Eve worship service Saturday at 6 pm at the Community Center. We should finish no later than 7:00. Refreshments following.
- Christmas morning worship service Sunday at 10:00 at the Community Center.
Thanks for your participation in last Sunday’s congregational meeting. For those who missed, Forrest was elected to the Elder Board to replace Cris, and we approved the 2023 church budget. Thanks for the good discussions that were part of the meeting. Thanks to Cris for his years of serving our church family as an Elder!
As a part of the new budget, we have committed to financial and prayer support for the McCallisters (missionaries in Berlin with Greater Europe Mission) and the Shoemakers (serving in the city of Chicago with Inner City Impact) ; and we’ve committed for now to be prayer partners with Colin Welch (raising support with ReachGlobal to serve in Paris). Praise God that this week Colin reports he is at 75% of his needed monthly support. Thanks for your willingness as a church to care for these missionaries, and thanks to our Missions Team, Heather and Erlinda.
Thanks for the kind increase in my salary as part of the 2023 budget. I’m grateful for your many expressions of support, tangible and otherwise! Overall, I believe 2022 has been a good year for us. It has been exciting to watch growth in youth ministry, nursery ministry, local & worldwide missions, and more. It has been good to watch a transition happen in leadership on the Elder Board. The positive financial report for 2022 is something for which we should thank God as well.
Thanks for the careful and prayerful involvement of all who make up the “family.” Let’s continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus in the new year, bringing people into an ever-deepening relationship with God and with each other.
Encouragement from the Psalms
- Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you. Psalm 55:22
- Behold, God is my helper ; the Lord is the sustainer of my soul. Psalm 54:4
- “Cease striving, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46: 10
I hope to see you this weekend! Bring your friends or family members ! We’ll have a good time!