Dear Crossroads Family,
I’m looking forward to worship this Sunday morning at 10:00 at the Community Center (200 N. Ash Street) in Nevada. The sermon will be on “Lessons Learned From Brokenness,” from Genesis 16, the story of Hagar.
Prayer Needs at Crossroads
- Our elders will meet Sunday following worship to do some planning for the early part of 2022. Please let one of the elders know if you have an item that needs their attention.
- Please pray for our Nominating Committee (Donna, Cris, Jessica, Julie, Erin) who are also planning for the elder election scheduled for January.
- In early January, we will have a business meeting to approve a church budget for 2022, and to elect an elder to the Elder Board.
- Health needs :
- Please pray for Liz’s grandfather recovering from heart issues.
- Please pray for Joe whose mother was recently diagnosed with cancer, and who himself is facing mobility issues and a need for a hip replacement.
- Please pray for Mark’s sister, Denise, battling serious illness in California.
- We praise God for progress for Jessica’s mother. Pray for strength and stamina as she adjusts to a walker.
- Please pray for continued healing and strength for Angi.
- Marie has asked prayer for her nephew Frank who recently had a heart attack and is now recovering at home.
- Congratulations to Forrest who coached his first meet this past week as the new Nevada High School wrestling coach!
- Congratulations to Erin on her recent successful work-related trip and competition in Virginia!
- Praise to God for the many ways Crossroads church family members are involved in the community and beyond!
Jesus, the One Who Satisfies
I just read this morning through the Old Testament book of Ruth. Not too many years ago we went through the four chapters of Ruth on Sunday mornings during Advent. There’s such a wonderful connection between the events of Ruth and Boaz, which took place in Bethlehem, and the coming of Christ, the Redeemer and the One who satisfies our needs.
Boaz offers a number of things to Ruth which Jesus offers those who will believe in Him:
- Guidance: “Listen, my daughter. Do not glean in another field; stay here with my maids” (Ruth 2:8).
- Protection: “I have commanded the servants not to touch you” (Ruth 2:9).
- Comfort & Encouragement: She said, “You have comforted me and indeed have spoken kindly” (Ruth 2:13).
- Acceptance: She sat beside the reapers, and Boaz served her roasted grain (Ruth 2:14).
- Provision: She ate and was satisfied (Ruth 2:14).
Twice in that initial encounter between Ruth and Boaz it’s stated, “She was satisfied.” The Lord Jesus satisfies. Let’s stay close to Him today!
Great deliverers of people were provided in the Old Testament to tell us, and to show us, about the coming One who delivers. Noah, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, Boaz, David, were some of those deliverers, all pointing to Jesus who meets our real needs.
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday!