Hello, Crossroads Family!
A few notes as we begin the new week:
MAMS this Wednesday
Mary’s & Martha’s will meet this Wednesday evening at 7:00 at Michelle’s home, 602 N. Washington. Join some other women for conversation and mutual support. Bring a friend!
Congregational Meeting and Election of Elder, December 18
Be sure to hang around after worship for a Congregational Meeting two Sundays from now. The Nominating Committee has nominated Forrest Drury for election to the church Elder Board. Forrest is being nominated to take Cris’ place; Cris will step down in January. Our by-laws require that Forrest receive a “yes” vote from at least 75% of the voting membership of the church present at the meeting. At the meeting we will also vote on a proposed church budget for 2023. Please be in prayer for God’s guidance and provision for us as a church, and for His blessing on our meeting on the 18th! Thank you! Thanks to the Nominating Committee for their hard work!
Discovering Christmas in Revelation
Our message this coming Sunday will be from Revelation 17-22: “Discovering Christmas in Revelation.” I hope you’ll join the family at 10 Sunday morning. We’ll have Christmas cards to sign for our missionaries, the McCallisters, Shoemakers, and Colin Welch. Also, we’re planning to have a sign-up sheet if you would like to help with some light refreshments on Christmas Eve. Thank you!
Help for This New Week
- “The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation” (Exodus 15:2).
- “As your days, so shall your strength be” (Deuteronomy 33:25).
- “Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
- “Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength” (Isaiah 40:31).
- “My grace is sufficient for you; for My strength is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9).
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
Have a great week! Let’s pray for each other, and for the spread of the Good News of life in Jesus!