There are so many passages in the Bible about God’s peace. And why shouldn’t there be, since Jesus himself is called the Prince of Peace! With so many things happening in our lives and in the world, take some of these peace verses to heart:
- You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You (Isaiah 26:3).
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts (Colossians 3:15).
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:6-7).
- Jesus said: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you” (John 14:27).
- In Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He himself is our peace” (Eph 2:13-14).
Let’s Stay Prayed Up
Although there is much coming and going during the summer, and some “down” time, God’s work goes on, and there are some important things for which we need everyone at Crossroads to pray! Thanks for offering to the Lord a prayer for the following:
- Worship Location. We’re still in need of a location for Sunday worship, with a goal being the end of the summer when the Y shifts over to a 24-hour operation. Please pray for God’s provision! It would be ideal to have a clean, safe, easily-accessed space with room for children and, if possible, storage. Thanks for praying!
- Outreach camps. The Rodeo Bible Camp takes place this week at Riverside Cowboy Church, and many young people will be impacted by it. Would you keep them in your prayers, along with Donna Rod who will be serving there. Kamp Keirsey will be held July 18-22, in Amsterdam, Missouri; Jessica Baker, Kelsi Kershner, and Erin Reedy will be serving the Lord there. Thanks for your prayers!
- God Loves You Tour. The Franklin Graham outreach event I mentioned yesterday will be held in Springfield on Thursday, September 23, at 7 pm. You can read about it at God loves you tour. The Graham team is offering, ahead of the main event, the Christian Life & Witness Course for those interested in sharpening their heart for sharing the Gospel. This training equips people with practical ways to confidently tell others about Jesus … and it qualifies you to serve as a counselor at the God Loves You Tour, if you’re interested. It’s a free, 3-hour training session. Dates for the training are June 17, July 13, August 12, August 14. The Billy Graham Christian Life & Witness Course has had a profound impact in my life. I encourage anyone from Crossroads to attend. Let me know, and perhaps we can go together!
Happening at Crossroads
Monday Night Bible Study tonight.
Have a great start to your week by joining us tonight — either live on Facebook, or with a few others at my house — for MNBS. Our theme this summer is “Spiritual Urban Legends,” and tonight we’ll be considering the idea that “Faith can fix anything.” Is it true that if we just believe hard enough, we can fix, or do, anything? Or is it a Spiritual Urban Legend? We’ll start promptly at 7 pm tonight!
Youth Group Swim Party, June 30.
All Crossroads youth (age 16+) are invited to a swim party at the Vestal home, *contact us for location*, on Wednesday, June 30, starting at 6:30 pm. Invite a friend! The temperatures are great for a swim party! More details coming soon!
Women of Joy sign-ups available through July 7.
Discounted tickets to the October 1-3 Women of Joy conference in Branson are available through July 7. Please speak to Heather Hall, or sign up at the back table on Sunday.
Worship this Sunday, 10:00, at the Y.
We’re having a good time on Sunday mornings, and God is speaking to us through His Word. Join us this coming Sunday as we continue to piece together God’s message in Genesis. We’ll be at chapter 11 this Sunday, The Tell-Tale Tower. What tale does the Tower of Babel tell? These are fascinating part of the Bible … and entirely relevant to the world we live in today!
We had a good time yesterday working through the Table of Nations in Genesis 10. Take a look at the sermon recording on Facebook (Crossroads or my personal Facebook page), or on YouTube if you missed yesterday’s sermon, “Gloom, Despair, Agony, Failure,…and Hope!” Imagine my surprise yesterday in learning that someone in our Crossroads’ family is related to one of the Hee Haw cast that used to sing “Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me!”
Thank you to everyone who helped set up and tear down yesterday, and thanks to all who loaded Shane’s trailer! Thanks to Shane for storing Crossroads’ belongings while the HVAC unit is replaced at the Y!
Let’s be praying for each other, and serving the Lord well, this week!