Hello, Crossroads Family!
I’m looking forward to our morning together this Sunday!
“Breathe” Bible Study for women at 9:00.
Worship starting at 10:00.
Both at the Community Center, 200 N. Ash Street.
As I was reading this morning in Luke 3, I was struck by the fact that John the Baptist came along calling people to repentance and announcing God’s coming judgment (similar to things we were talking about last Sunday from the book of Revelation). “The axe is already laid at the root of the trees; so every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire,” he said (Luke 3:9).
People in the crowds asked him what they should do in light of this. He answered in basically three ways:
- Be honest.
- Be content with what you have.
These seem like good reminders for us, too, as we prepare for turbulent times and, ultimately, the triumphant return of the Lord!
Last Sunday’s sermon on “Understanding Revelation” is available on the Crossroads Facebook page if you missed it!
Nursery Team Meeting this Sunday after worship
If you currently help in the nursery — or if you would like to — please take a few minutes after the worship service this Sunday to meet with Michaela. She’s putting together a spring nursery schedule. If you need to contact Michaela.
Worship Team Meeting this Sunday after worship
If you’re currently on the Worship Team, don’t forget we’ll meet this Sunday after the worship service.
Youth Group this Wednesday
Food, fun, and fellowship at Cris & Donna’s this Wednesday, March 2nd, starting at 6:30 pm. Contact us for location. Invite a friend to come with you!
Elders Meeting next Sunday
The Crossroads elders will meet next Sunday evening, March 6, at 7 pm. Please pray for our church elders. If you have a need that should be addressed by the elders at their meeting next Sunday, please contact one of them. Thank you!
There are many prayer needs in our church family and on our hearts. These are only a few to help “prime the pump” and remind us to pray during the remainder of this week.
- Remember to pray for Misha, Kristina, and their new baby in Ukraine, adopted family members of the Vestals.
- Remember to pray for Kim Reedy and the Reedy family at the passing of Kim’s brother, Kelly Murphy.
- Shane Dahmer’s family experienced another loss this past week with the passing of one of Shane’s aunts. Please pray for Shane, Angi, and family.
- Let’s continue to ask God to bring new families and individuals to Crossroads who want to grow in the Lord!
- Pray for our nursery workers. Pray for an expanded vision of ministry to children at Crossroads.
- Pray for our worship team members who, week in and week out, have the responsibility of wisely leading the church family in worship.
- Please pray for our elders and for wisdom in meeting our church’s pastoral/shepherding needs.
- Please continue to pray for God’s provision of a permanent home for Crossroads Church.
- Psalm 35:27 says, “Let them continually say, ‘The Lord be magnified who delights in the prosperity of His servant.'” May God cause His people at Crossroads to prosper in spirit and in their service to Him. May we have hearts and mouths filled with praise to Him.
E.M. Bounds, a pastor from another era, wrote about the important link between desire and prayer. “Desire is an absolute essential of prayer,” he said. “Two things are intolerable to God — insincerity and lukewarmness. Desire single-shots at its objective. There may be many things desired, but they are specifically and individually felt and expressed. David did not yearn for everything; nor did he allow his desires to spread out everywhere and hit nothing. Here is the way his desires ran and found expression: ‘One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple’ (Psalm 27:4).”
There are a lot of exciting things happening at ReachGlobal, the international missions arm of the Evangelical Free Church. In February, missionaries were deployed to the Czech Republic, India, Jordan, and beyond! Let’s be in the habit of offering prayer for the missionary needs mentioned in the insert of our bulletins on Sunday mornings. You can read more about the ministries of ReachGlobal at
I hope to see you this Sunday morning at 10:00!
Leave a Reply