Hello, Crossroads Family!
“I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am,” the Apostle Paul wrote in his letter to the Christians in Philippi (chapter 4, verse 11). This coming Sunday we’ll consider this “mystery of contentment.” It’s a concept that intrigues and excites me. What a change in our lives, homes, and families if we, too, could learn this secret, this mystery. I believe it’s entirely attainable through Christ, and we’ll talk Sunday about how that can happen. 10:00 at the Community Center. I’ll have a recording of the sermon posted on the Crossroads Facebook page, and on my Facebook page, sometime this weekend if you’re not able to be with us in person.
More Crossroads News…
Reception for our 2022 Graduates following worship this Sunday.
Plan to stick around following worship this Sunday so we can honor and pray for those who are graduating this year. We’ll share some refreshments, pictures, and love for these special young people:
- Sam Rea, College of the Ozarks
- Kyle Dahmer, Lamar High School
- Vicky Parker, Nevada High School
- Evan Rea, Nevada High School
- Chosen Reichard, Nevada High School
- Kylee Vestal, Nevada High School
- Asa Wilson, Nevada High School
- Cody Jenkins, Nevada High School
Prayers and Praise
We praise God for the arrival of a baby granddaughter to Cris and Donna. Maria Ann Hinds was born to Emma and Garrett on May 3. Congratulations! At the same time, our hearts go out to Kim Reedy and the entire Reedy family at the passing of Kim’s dad, Bobby Murphy, this week. Please be in prayer for the Reedys and for Kim’s mom, Linda. A visitation will be held at Nelson Funeral Home in Berryville, Arkansas, this Friday, 5 – 7 pm. A graveside service will be held Saturday morning at 10:00 at Gobbler Cemetery.
- Crossroads is one of the sponsors of Gospel Night, Thursday, June 9, during Bushwhacker Days. The scheduled singer this year is Jason Crabb who in the past has sung with Gaither Vocal Band and has a new song out on his own. It will be a night of refreshing music and fellowship. If you’d like to serve in the concession stand that evening which helps fund next year’s festival, please contact Julie Kemper. Julie is looking for help from either 5:30-7:30, or 7:30-9:30.
- I’ll be preaching the Senior Sermon this Sunday evening, May 15, at Nevada High School at 6 pm. I would appreciate your prayers for me and for that special evening. Plan to come if you’d like, as a way of supporting our NHS graduates. The high school choirs have also prepared an outstanding musical piece called “Rejoice and Sing Out His Praises.” The entire service should last about 45 minutes.
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday morning at 10:00 !