Hello, Crossroads Family!
We have much for which to praise God this week. And we are in need of ongoing prayer — for each other and for our world:
- As I write, we await news on the arrival of a new baby in the home of Ryan and Michaela. Please be in prayer for them, and for Adley and Axton.
- We praise God that Julie is home from the hospital and beginning her recovery from pancreatitis and gallbladder surgery.
- Be in prayer for the MAMS women’s group that will start this fall.
- Pray that God will meet all the needs for Kamp Keirsey which begins July 17.
- Continue to pray for God’s provision for a home for Crossroads and for property being looked at.
- Let’s continue to pray for those in Ukraine and other parts of Europe affected by fighting there. Continue to pray for Misha and his family.
I can’t wait to see you this Sunday morning for worship at 10:00 at the Community Center. Did you ever realize how much of the book of Genesis is taken up with the story of Jacob? This Sunday we start to reach the end of his long life — Genesis 35, “An Unchanging God for Changing Times.” How does the fact that God never changes help us deal with the constant change we experience in life? Bring a friend! They will be glad they came.
This week’s sermon should be posted on the Crossroads Facebook page, and on my Facebook page, by Saturday evening in case you’re not able to be with us in person on Sunday morning.
Our digital magazine about life and ministry in the Evangelical Free Church of America is available here:
- “The Church & the Future of Youth Ministry”
- “How to Pray After the Overturning of Roe v. Wade”
- A history of confirmation classes in the EFCA
- “Five Must-Haves for Church Financing”
The EFCA hosts a national youth conference in Kansas City every other year. The 2022 version of the conference ends today! Something we should consider for Crossroads young people two years from now!
Worship this Sunday Morning, 10:00
Monday Night Prayer
Monday Night Prayer has been great so far! Come join us this coming Monday at 5 pm at my house, 628 W. Arch Street. If you need some time for prayer, connection, or if you would like help learning to pray, MNP is for you! Email or text me if you have a prayer request we can pray about. God is answering prayers!
Concerned Women for America Meeting
Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Missouri invites you to a conference in Nevada on the subjects of Gender & Sexuality Issues, and Critical Race Theory. Saturday, July 16, 1-5 pm, at Enchanted Prairie Farm, 17557 East Stockade Road. The event is free, but registration is required. To register, please call Edith McReynolds at 918-527-7604. The speakers will provide a Biblical worldview approach to these two issues. The speakers will be Dr. Alan Branch, Dr. Mary Byrne, and CWA State Director, Bev Ehlen.
Church Picnic, July 24
We’ll enjoy an outdoor fried chicken lunch at Radio Springs Park following worship. Chicken, sides, and paper ware will be provided. Please let Heather Vestal know if you are coming so we can order the right amount of chicken. Also, please sign up with Heather if you can bring drinks, chips, or a dessert. Thank you!
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people — for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” — 1 Timothy 2:1-4
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday morning!