Hello, Crossroads Family!
These seem like busy days! I hope you’re taking time to pause and connect with the Lord each day. Our sermon this Sunday will be from Psalm 37 which says (among other things), “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand” (Psalm 37:23-24, New Living Testament).
Recently, our elders began working on a tool called PastorSearch which will allow us to connect with leaders in our Evangelical Free Church Central District, and with potential pastor candidates for Crossroads Church. We had good discussion and are in the process of completing that document now. Please pray for the elders and for the church as we begin this search process.
Some of the questions in the PastorSearch tool were along these lines:
- What is our church’s belief and practice concerning miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit?
- What does our church believe concerning divorce and remarriage?
- What does the church believe and practice in regards to women’s roles in ministry?
It was an opportunity for good discussion, and it brought to my mind that we should spend some Sunday sermon time on these topics and perhaps one or two others. I look forward to that sometime soon!
Isn’t it interesting that the Bible is not organized by topic? Instead, as a person (or a church) progresses through the Bible, God brings us to various subjects in His own way. It’s amazing how much room there is to grow in our understanding of life, God, the Church, human beings, the future, and more!
Our sermon this Sunday will be from Psalm 37 on the subject of “Why do the wicked prosper, and the righteous seem to suffer?” How is it that — throughout history and all around the world — some people do bad things and seem to get away with it? Why do so many other people who feel they try to live a good life seem, nevertheless, to suffer? It’s a problem that has perplexed all generations; we come across it more than once in the psalms. I hope you’ll join us for worship Sunday morning at 10:00 at the Community Center!
Easter Breakfast, April 17, 9:00 am
Plan on Easter breakfast at the Community Center prior to the worship service on Easter Sunday, April 17. There will also be an Easter egg hunt immediately following the worship service! Be sure to consider inviting a friend or family member to join you for Easter!
Everyone is invited this Sunday night to Pastor Tom’s house, 628 W. Arch Street, for training and discussion on how to prepare a sermon or other Bible teaching. Even if you don’t think you would ever preach a sermon on Sunday morning, this training will help you in your own personal Bible study!
Youth Group next Wednesday, April 6
Food and fellowship Wednesday, the 6th, 6:30 pm, at the Rodriguez home, *contact us for location*. Bring a friend!
Fellowship Night, April 24
Mark your calendar for an evening of fellowship, music, and games at Nevada Assembly of God on Sunday, April 24, starting at 5 pm. There will be some singing, followed by games like UNO, Pictionary, and others we all enjoy. Snacks, fellowship, and a chance to get acquainted with some other people who know and love the Lord.
Prayers for God’s Work around the World
These are prayer requests that were shared in our bulletin last Sunday morning from ReachGlobal, the missions arm of the Evangelical Free Church of America;
- Pray for one of our ReachGlobal missionaries who has been meeting with ministry partners in countries bordering Ukraine. Please pray for wisdom for churches, missionaries, leaders and volunteers as they try to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the millions of people leaving Ukraine. Pray for healing and for provision of needs.
- Pray for those who are left in Ukraine, that God would provide for their needs. Pray for the healing of hearts and for peace. Please pray for the families of those who are ministering in Ukraine in Christian service. Thank you!
See you this Sunday, Lord willing!
Leave a Reply